- Cooking Time: 6 - 8 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 5 - 6 Avocados, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped bean sprouts
- 1 - 8 oz can water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons, packed, chopped cilantro (also known as Japanese Parsley) plus more for garnish
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lite soy sauce
- 48 won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cooking Spray
- Your favorite wasabi dipping sauce
- In a small food processor, pulse together the bean sprouts, chestnuts, cilantro, green onions and garlic clove. You want it to be fine, but not mush.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bean sprout mixture, avocado, ginger, salt, pepper and soy sauce. I used my hands (kinda like how you do with hamburger meat) so that I didn't get a puree. A bit of texture with a few avocado chunks is always nice, right?
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile....lets work on those "cups". Preheat the oven to 375' F. Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the olive oil and sesame oil. Brush each won ton wraps with the olive oil mix and fit them into the prepared mini muffin tins
- Bake in your 375' preheated oven for 6 - 8 minutes, or until partially golden brown, without the edges getting burnt
- Fill each cup with the avocado mixture. Drizzle your favorite wasabi sauce over the mixture and then sprinkle some cilantro on top.
NotesAs an entry to my first ever food contest, I came up with this recipe. A wonderful blend of flavors. It all melts together in your mouth...the smooth texture of avocado with a gentle mixture of ginger, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro...and wasabi, offset with the crunchy baked won ton.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More