- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1 pound cooked roast beef, shredded
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Asian plum sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 (7-inch) egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together coleslaw mix, shredded beef, bean sprouts, green onions, plum sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and sesame oil.
- Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture on each egg roll wrapper and fold envelope-style. Place wraps on prepared pan, seam sides down. Use a brush to coat the top of each wrap with olive oil.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400 degree F oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Nutritional analysis per serving: 518 calories, 21 grams fat, 51 grams carbohydrates, 29 grams protein, 66 milligrams cholesterol, 642 milligrams sodium, 2 grams dietary fiber, 38 percent of calories from fat.
NotesI'm posting this as printed in last weeks Ft. Worth Star Telegram. However, I made some changes to it myself when I prepared them yesterday. I had roasted a 3 lb pork loin on Saturday, (which was fabulous!)so I used about 1 lb chopped pork instead of the roast beef. I did not know why they did NOT call this an egg roll recipe until after they got out of the oven. The wrapper does not get real crisp like an egg roll...in fact it retains alot of the pasta like consistency (downright soggy on the microwave reheat). Since I still have some egg roll wrappers left I am going to try spraying with nonstick cooking spray instead to see if they get crispier that way. If not, the filling would work really well as steamed or pan fried dumplings in the smaller wonton wrappers.
"Super Suppers Cookbook," by Judie Byrd
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More