ASIAN CHICKEN NOODLE DISH
- 2 boneless/skinless Chx breasts (season with some salt, pepper and garlic powder)
- 6-8 oz package lo mein noodles
- 1 TBS oil (like EVOO or Sesame)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 TBS Minced garlic
- 5 TBS low sodium Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth or stock
- 1/4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp Chili-garlic sauce
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped and use only the green parts
Heat oil in pan and saute chicken breasts for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.remove from pan and let cool. Cut into small pieces once cooled.
Prepare lo mein noodles following the directions on the package.
Heat a bit more oil in heavy pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and sauté for a few seconds, being careful the garlic doesn’t burn. Add the soy sauce, broth, sugar, and chili-garlic sauce. Combine the cornstarch with the water in a small bowl and slowly add it into the sauce stirring to combine. Simmer for about 2 minutes or until it thickens. Once the sauce is thick, add the chicken and green onions and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Spoon cooked lo mein onto a serving plate and top with sauce