- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1 1/2-pound flank steak
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 red jalapeños, thinly sliced into rounds
- 5 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (about 9 ounces)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Mix soy sauce, oil, 3 teaspoons ginger, and garlic in resealable plastic bag. Add flank steak and seal bag; turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Stir sugar and vinegar in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Add jalapeños and remaining 2 teaspoons ginger. Place cabbage and 1/2 cup green onions in medium bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand while grilling steak, tossing occasionally.
- Grill steak until cooked to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to work surface. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly against grain. Sprinkle 1/4 cup green onions over slaw