ASIAN FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- Cooking Time: 11
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 Medium Green Tomatoes cut into ¼ inch slices
- ½ Cup of Cornmeal
- ½ Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Pepper
- 3 Teaspoons of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Teaspoons of Ponzu Sauce
- 1 Branch of Green Onions sliced thin
- Ginger Teriyaki Spices
- Preheat a large frying pan to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slowly add in half of the vegetable oil and half of the ponzu sauce.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and ginger teriyaki spices. Dip in one slice of the green tomato at a time, making sure both sides are fully covered in the mixture.
- Gently place as many slices as can fit onto your frying pan at once. If there are some remaining, place them on a paper towel or plate and/or both.
- Once the tomatoes are on the frying pan, add the green onions and salt and pepper on each side.
- Fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, adding in the remainder of the oil and ponzu sauce in between flipping over to the opposite side. Garnish with parsley and a little bit of ginger dressing if available.
- Serve warm.
- These go great with any traditional southern or Asian dish or great just to serve as a snack or appetizer.
NotesBorn out of a love for traditional Southern fried green tomatoes, my originally created Asian Green Tomatoes combine flavors and cultures near and far. They are still warm and comforting with influences from my Asian relatives.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More