- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOrange roughy is a an affordable white fish with a very mild flavor. I usually cook this fish with french fries for my daughter's birthday party, and the kids absolutely love it! After I fry the fish pieces, I like to slice the fish into "chicken finger" size and serve it with ketchup.
- 4 6-8 oz. orange roughy fillets
- 1/4 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp.fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil(for frying)
- green onions for garnish(optional
- For Dipping sauce: bring teriyaki sauce, white wine vinegar, fresh ginger, sugar, and red pepper to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat, and keep warm.
- 2. Stir eggs and salt together.
- Dredge the orange roughy fillets in cornstarch; dip in egg mixture.
- Press breadcrumb onto the orange roughy fillets.
- 3. Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch into large heavy skillet and heat it on high heat.
- 4. Fry the orange roughy fillets in hot oil 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork and the crubs are golden brown.
- 5. Drain the fried orange roughy fillets on paper towels.
- 6. Spoon teriyaki mixture over fish; garnish the Fried Orange Roughy with sliced green onions