- Cooking Time: 4-6 hours
- Servings: 6-12
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
BackstoryI am getting ready to move half way across the country next week in the middle of the holidays! While packing an entire house and finishing up at work, I still have to cook dinner, Christmas shop, and try to use up anything left in my fridge and freezer. It's a little hectic, so simple food that is stress free works perfectly! I made this crock pot meal to get rid of a few bottled condiments and 2 big pork loins in one go. Plus, the prep took five minutes, and all I needed to do later was make some noodles!
- 1 3 lb. pork loin (I actually stuffed 2 into the crockpot, but 1 is fine!)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 bag frozen sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1-2 tsp. sriracha, hot chili sauce (to taste)
- Peel onion and slice into 1/2 inch thick rings.
- Whisk last 6 ingredients in crock pot to combine.
- Add pork and turn to coat.
- Slide onion rings under pork.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours.
- Add sugar snap peas during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Remove pork and slice or shred, return to pot and stir.
- Serve over hot noodles or rice.