- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups day old french bread (approximately 1 loaf)
- 1 Asian pear (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup yellow or red raisins
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter muffin tin and set aside.
- Cut bread into bite size pieces.
- In a medium saucepan heat milk until film forms on top.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and vanilla extract with electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly pour cooled milk mixture into sugar and egg mixture.
- Pour mixture over french bread and fold in until the bread is well coated.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to allow bread to soak up liquid.
- Add raisins and Asian pear and mix to evenly distribute.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top of the muffin batter.
- Place in center of oven for 40-45 minutes until set.
- A toothpick inserted in the center muffin should come out clean.
NotesAn exotic twist on a long time favorite. This bread pudding is kicked up a notch with the delicious addition of Asian pear. Decadent, sweet, delicious. Serve for breakfast, brunch or simply as an anytime sweet treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More