- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups day old french bread (approximately 1 loaf)
- 1 Asian pear (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup yellow or red raisins
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter muffin tin and set aside.
- Cut bread into bite size pieces.
- In a medium saucepan heat milk until film forms on top.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and vanilla extract with electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly pour cooled milk mixture into sugar and egg mixture.
- Pour mixture over french bread and fold in until the bread is well coated.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to allow bread to soak up liquid.
- Add raisins and Asian pear and mix to evenly distribute.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top of the muffin batter.
- Place in center of oven for 40-45 minutes until set.
- A toothpick inserted in the center muffin should come out clean.
NotesAn exotic twist on a long time favorite. This bread pudding is kicked up a notch with the delicious addition of Asian pear. Decadent, sweet, delicious. Serve for breakfast, brunch or simply as an anytime sweet treat.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Italian Exchange
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More