- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: about 20 meatballs
- Preparation Time: 50
- 2 porksteaks
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- For the steamer:
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Grind porksteaks with fine plate of meat grinder, along with green onion and garlic.
- Mix ground pork with the seasoning ingredients. Form lightly into meatballs about 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Place in lettuce leaf-lined bamboo steamer baskets. Leave plenty of room around each meatball so they don't stick together.
- Place star anise and cinnamon stick into the boiling water in the steaming pot, place baskets over the water and steam meatballs for about 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve with dipping sauce of bottled teriyaki sauce or a mix of soy sauce and sesame oil.
NotesYou know how there's that one porksteak that won't fit on the broiler pan, so you stick it in the freezer? I had two in there, and wanted to make them into something the family could enjoy at Super Bowl time, so I ground them up for these meatballs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More