ASIAN SALMON CAKES WITH SOY MAYO
- Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. reserved Asian Salmon
- Reserved soy marinade
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbls. mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c. grated carrot
- 1/4 c. finely diced green pepper
- 3 or 4 crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- olive oil
- You will need to prepare Eli's Asian Salmon- 2 ways" for this dish.
Flake cooked salmon with a fork and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
In a skillet, heat a Tbls. of olive oil over medium high heat.
Add onion and cook until tender.
Add mushrooms, peppers and carrot and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
Add to salmon in mixing bowl.
Add egg, 2 Tbls. of reserved marinade, panko, and 1/4 c. mayo and toss to combine.
Form into four equally sized patties and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
Whisk remaining mayo with another Tbls. of soy marinade and reserve for serving.
Heat 2-3 Tbls. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Once oil shimmers, reduce heat to medium and add salmon cakes.
Cook about 3-4 minutes per side, until browned and warmed through.
Serve with greens and Soy Mayo.