- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pkgs (3 oz each) baked chicken-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 pkg (16 ounces) cabbage slaw mix
- 2 firm, red apples
- 4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced (Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â½ cup)
- 1 medium carrot, grated (Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â½ cup)
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400F. Set flavor packets from ramen noodles aside for dressing. In large micro-cooker, microwave 4 cups water on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until boiling. Add ramen noodles and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes; stir. Drain noodles in small colander and rinse under cold water. Spread noodles out on clean kitchen towel; blot dry.
- 2. Lightly spray baking sheet with non stick spary. Arrange noodles on sheet in an even layer to within 1/2 inch of edge; spray lightly with oil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer noodle nest to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 3. Place cabbage slaw mix in large colander. Core and slice apples, leaving peel on. Slice apples into 1/4 inch strips. Thinly slice green onions. Grate carrot. Using food chopper, coarsely chop peanuts. Add apples, green onions, carrot, and half of the peanuts to bowl. Toss.
- 4. Place vinegar, water, oil, sugar, garlic and flavor packets in bowl; mix thoroughly. Pour dressing over salad mixture, tossing to coat.
- 5. Arrange lettuce leaves on platter. Place noodle nest over lettuce. Mound slaw over nest; sprinkle with remaining peanuts
NotesHere's a recipe that uses ramen noodles in a creative way...