- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 head napa cabbage (1 pound), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1) Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, oils, red-pepper flakes, and garlic.
- 2) Pierce steak all over with a fork; place in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Pour soy sauce and half of lime-juice mixture over steak (reserve remaining half for dressing), and marinate at room temperature, 10 minutes (or up to overnight in the refrigerator).
- 3) Lift steak from marinade (discard marinade), and place on prepared baking sheet. Broil, without turning, until medium-rare, 8 to 10 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly on the diagonal, across the grain.
- 4) In a large bowl, toss cabbage and cucumber with reserved dressing; divide among four plates. Top salad with steak and peanuts.
NotesThis recipe came from a Martha Stewart Newsletter I receive via email.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More