- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 head napa cabbage (1 pound), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1) Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, oils, red-pepper flakes, and garlic.
- 2) Pierce steak all over with a fork; place in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Pour soy sauce and half of lime-juice mixture over steak (reserve remaining half for dressing), and marinate at room temperature, 10 minutes (or up to overnight in the refrigerator).
- 3) Lift steak from marinade (discard marinade), and place on prepared baking sheet. Broil, without turning, until medium-rare, 8 to 10 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly on the diagonal, across the grain.
- 4) In a large bowl, toss cabbage and cucumber with reserved dressing; divide among four plates. Top salad with steak and peanuts.
NotesThis recipe came from a Martha Stewart Newsletter I receive via email.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More