- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium cucumber, washed and sliced
- 1-2 cups thinly sliced daikon radish
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (rounds)
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- In a colander, mix vegetables and salt. Place colander in a large bowl (to capture the moisture). Cover with a towel and let sit for at least an hour.
- Combine sugar, water, and vinegar in a pot and bring to a boil. Still until sugar dissolved then immediately take off heat and place pot in a bowl of ice to cool. Let sit until room temperature.
- Rinse salt from vegetables. They should be somewhat meaty in texture now.
- Place vegetables in large sterilized jars and pour cooled liquid mixture over them. Seal jar.
- Can be stored for a few weeks in the refrigerator, however, they are ready to eat after soaking for less than an hour
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More