- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 lg onions - 1 cut in large pieces, 1 diced into small pieces
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 (1½ lbs) lobsters - head removed for stock, tails cut in quarters and claws cracked
- 8 oz large shrimp peeled and cleaned - save shells for stock
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 1 cup fine white wine
- 4 cups clam juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 24 little neck clams
- 24 mussels
- 8 oz sea scallops
- 1 pinch saffron
- ½ bunch culantro (not cilantro), finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, add enough olive oil to coat the pot and sauté the large pieces of onions and green peppers until caramelize.
- Add lobster heads and shrimp shells.
- Sauté until they get nice and pink.
- Add crushed tomato, white wine, bay leaf, clam juice and water.
- Cook for two hours, then strain.
- In a large pot sauté small diced onions, and diced peppers until caramelized, add rice, clams, mussels and a pinch of saffron. Add the strained stock and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, scallops and lobster then cook for 8 minutes.
- Add culantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More