- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cooked crabs or one can of crab meat
- 1 1/2 liters chicken stock
- 1/2 tap. gingerroot, finely chopped
- 10 stalks green asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 3 shitake mushrooms, soaked, softened and chopped
- 3 green onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 bsp. arrowroot, made into a paste with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small can of cream of corn
- 3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- 1. Pick meat from crabs. If you are using can of crab meat, skip this step.
- 2. Add ginger, shitake mushrooms and asparagus spears to the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- 3. Add the green onions, sesame oil, cream of corn and arrowroot paste, increase heat and stir until soup thickens.
- 4. Reduce heat, add crabmeat and slowly pour in egg, stirring slowly so that the egg forms thin ribbons through the soup.
- 9. Add salt and pepper and garnished with coriander leaves.
NotesWhen I think of comfort food, I think of cream asparagus, corn and crab soup that my mother used to make for me when I was young. Mom used to use fresh crab meat and it takes forever. I make this same soup for my family, but I use canned crab meat, it's much faster and they love it. Here is my version of the Asparagus, Corn and Crab Soup.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More