- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cooked crabs or one can of crab meat
- 1 1/2 liters chicken stock
- 1/2 tap. gingerroot, finely chopped
- 10 stalks green asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 3 shitake mushrooms, soaked, softened and chopped
- 3 green onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 bsp. arrowroot, made into a paste with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small can of cream of corn
- 3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- 1. Pick meat from crabs. If you are using can of crab meat, skip this step.
- 2. Add ginger, shitake mushrooms and asparagus spears to the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- 3. Add the green onions, sesame oil, cream of corn and arrowroot paste, increase heat and stir until soup thickens.
- 4. Reduce heat, add crabmeat and slowly pour in egg, stirring slowly so that the egg forms thin ribbons through the soup.
- 9. Add salt and pepper and garnished with coriander leaves.
NotesWhen I think of comfort food, I think of cream asparagus, corn and crab soup that my mother used to make for me when I was young. Mom used to use fresh crab meat and it takes forever. I make this same soup for my family, but I use canned crab meat, it's much faster and they love it. Here is my version of the Asparagus, Corn and Crab Soup.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More