- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- Meanwhile, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes; drain.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add milk; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Stir in ham and asparagus; spoon into ring. Serve immediately.