BackstoryNothing says Spring quite like tender spears of asparagus. Combine them with a cheesy sauce in little bread bundles, and they are sure to be a hit for mom this Mother's Day.
Full Recipe: http://rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2216
- 8 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten each roll into a 6-inch square.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Boil asparagus in 1/2-inch water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, milk and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in onions, capers, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in asparagus. Remove wrap from dough squares.
- Divide asparagus mixture evenly between the squares.
- Moisten edges of each square of dough with water.
- Bring edges together and twist to resemble bundles.
- Brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.