- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -about 12 thin asparagus spears
- -2 chicken breasts (skinless/boneless) boiled, broiled, grilled or roasted, chop them up into bite size pieces.
- -chopped mushrooms (about 3/4 of a cup)
- -1 cup of mixed grated cheeses of your liking (I personally love to use mozzarella, provolone, and jack cheese for this dish)
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- -2 Tbs. Flour
- -2 Tbs. butter
- -1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- -1/2 cup heavy cream (you can substitute the chicken broth and heavy cream with 2 cups of whole milk)
- -1/4 tsp. of white pepper (salt to taste)
- -about a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- -Melt the butter on low to medium heat and slowly whisk in the flour for about 2 minutes or until fragrant. (constantly whisk the butter & flour together to prevent them from forming lumps)
- -slowly and gradually whisk in the whole milk (or the chicken broth & the heavy cream)
- -keep whisking until thickened
- -add the nutmeg/pepper/salt (blend them all evenly) set aside and cool.
- -cut the asparagus spears into small bite size pieces, leaving about 6 spears uncut to use for decoration
- -spray the bottom of a baking dish (preferably a round one) with cooking spray
- -line the bottom of the dish with the chicken, mushrooms, & asparagus pieces (salt to taste)
- -top with half of the cheese mixture and spread the white sauce (bechamel sauce) over the chicken & cheese mixture.
- -top it again with the 2nd half of the cheese mix and decorate (flowershape) the top with the six asparagus spears left behind :-)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Short & SweetSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More