- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 Sheets of Phyllo pastry
- 4 Tb Melted Butter
- 16 young Asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 400
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil
- Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Remove from water to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Lay out on paper towels to dry.
- Take 1 sheet, and butter 1/2 of the sheet;
- Fold it over to make a close approximation of a square.
- Brush 1/2 of the sheet diagonally from point to point.
- Fold 1 corner to the other creating a triangle.
- Brush with butter again and lay asparagus down with top of spear away from the longest edge, leave a 1 1/2 inch space at the bottom and fold this over the bottom of the asparagus spears along the whole of the long side.
- Roll the asparagus from one side to the other creating a roll-up.
- Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until phyllo is golden.
NotesI usually only make this for four people, but the formula is easy, 1 TB Butter, 1 Phyllo sheet, 4 Asparagus spears.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
It's all about that protein
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More