- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 Sheets of Phyllo pastry
- 4 Tb Melted Butter
- 16 young Asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 400
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil
- Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Remove from water to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Lay out on paper towels to dry.
- Take 1 sheet, and butter 1/2 of the sheet;
- Fold it over to make a close approximation of a square.
- Brush 1/2 of the sheet diagonally from point to point.
- Fold 1 corner to the other creating a triangle.
- Brush with butter again and lay asparagus down with top of spear away from the longest edge, leave a 1 1/2 inch space at the bottom and fold this over the bottom of the asparagus spears along the whole of the long side.
- Roll the asparagus from one side to the other creating a roll-up.
- Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until phyllo is golden.
NotesI usually only make this for four people, but the formula is easy, 1 TB Butter, 1 Phyllo sheet, 4 Asparagus spears.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Italy or BustSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More