- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 Sheets of Phyllo pastry
- 4 Tb Melted Butter
- 16 young Asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 400
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil
- Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Remove from water to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Lay out on paper towels to dry.
- Take 1 sheet, and butter 1/2 of the sheet;
- Fold it over to make a close approximation of a square.
- Brush 1/2 of the sheet diagonally from point to point.
- Fold 1 corner to the other creating a triangle.
- Brush with butter again and lay asparagus down with top of spear away from the longest edge, leave a 1 1/2 inch space at the bottom and fold this over the bottom of the asparagus spears along the whole of the long side.
- Roll the asparagus from one side to the other creating a roll-up.
- Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until phyllo is golden.
NotesI usually only make this for four people, but the formula is easy, 1 TB Butter, 1 Phyllo sheet, 4 Asparagus spears.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More