- 2 bunches asparagus (about 1 pound each), stems trimmed
- 4 ounces Parmesan, shaved with a peeler
- 2 handfuls fresh flat-leaf parsley, hand-torn
- 1 handful fresh mint, hand-torn
- 1 handful fresh dill, hand-torn
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the asparagus for 4 minutes, or until they are just crisp-tender.
Drain the asparagus, transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking, and drain well. Slice the asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces and put them in a mixing bowl.
Add the Parmesan and herbs, drizzle the herb and asparagus salad with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
Toss gently to combine.
Loosen the quiche from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim.
Carefully unmold the ring, and transfer the quiche (with the bottom base) to a serving plate.
Cut it into wedges, drizzle with a little olive oil, and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with the asparagus salad on top.