- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
Place asparagus in a large saucepan; add 1/2 in. of water.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
Drain and rinse in cold water.
In a bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, vinegar and salt.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, stirring several times.
Serve with tortilla chips.