- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 5 - 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups fresh or frozen and thawed cut up asparagus
- 2 med potatoes, baked, peeled and mashed (without extra butter and milk)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, garlic salt and black pepper. Slowly stir in vegetable broth and milk. Add asparagus. Cook and stir occasionally until mixture reaches a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, or until asparagus is cooked through. Add mashed potatoes. Heat through.
NotesThis soup reminds me of my mom's potato soup - with asparagus instead of bacon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More