- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and light green part only, finely chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus, peeled, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces, reserve tips.
- 1 medium Idaho potato, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 quart chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sour cream for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fineely chopped chives for garnish
- In a medium size soup pot, heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and saute, stirring occasionally, until soft, for about 5 min.
- Add the asparagus and potatoes, and continue sauteing for about 3 more minutes or until they are nicely coated and beginning to soften.
- Add the chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
- While the soup is cooking, bring a medium size pan of water to boil.
- Immerse the asparagus tips and boil for about 3 minutes or until they still are bright green and tender.
- Drain and reserve.
- When the vegetables are tender,puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender. (Kitchen Aid)
- Remove from heat and season again with salt and pepper, add the lemon juice and taste again for seasoning.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, the asparagus tips and the chives
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More