- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg.(12 oz.) frozen cut asparagus, thawed, drained, cut in 1-2" pieces.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can(10-3/4-oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup each mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt-free seasoning blend
- Spread rice in a greased 11x7x2" baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cover with thawed and drained cut asparagus. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and place over asparagus. Add mushrooms, onions and red pepper to skillet; sautè until tender. Spoon over chicken. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasoning blend; spread over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350º F. 40 - 45 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.