ASPARAGUS AND ALMOND SOUP
- 450 g asparagus spears
- 1 1/4 liters vegetable stock, top quality
- 125 g ground almonds
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cook the asparagus spears until they are tender, and reserve
some of the tips; blend half of the stock and the asparagus together,
then combine the puree with the remaining stock, ground almonds and
salt and pepper in a large saucepan and bring it to the boil and
simmer for 1 minute.
2. Serve either warm or chilled, garnished with the reserved
3. This soup can also be frozen.
4. Chef's Note: If you have spare spears or left over asparagus,
use them to make my Asparagus Sauce, which can be served with
pasta, salmon, or chicken. It too is great hot or cold and can be frozen.