- Cooking Time: Approx. 30min + standing
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter (I omitted)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350 g / 1 ⅔ cups risotto rice
- 250 ml / 1 cup white wine
- 750 ml / 3 cups vegetable stock, hot
- A bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- Pared zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 75 g / 5 heaped tbsp grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over low heat. Add the onion and gently fry for 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, add the rice and cook for a few minutes. Add the wine and stir until absorbed.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring and allowing each addition to absorb before adding the next.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pan of boiling water until just tender, refresh under cold water, then slice into lengths.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the asparagus, lemon zest and juice and cheese. Season and remove from the heat.
- Cover for 5 minutes before serving.
- According to the mag, the risotto will freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before re-heating
NotesYes, I know, this is my second asparagus risotto recipe in less than a month. Yet, believe it or not, I’m not THAT fond of asparagus! Anyway, I found this yummy recipe in the June issue of Delicious. magazine (the same magazine I got my Macaroni Pasticcio recipe from) and just had to share it. And lucky you US peeps, I even managed to get the measurements in cups!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More