- Cooking Time: Approx. 30min + standing
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter (I omitted)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350 g / 1 ⅔ cups risotto rice
- 250 ml / 1 cup white wine
- 750 ml / 3 cups vegetable stock, hot
- A bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- Pared zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 75 g / 5 heaped tbsp grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over low heat. Add the onion and gently fry for 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, add the rice and cook for a few minutes. Add the wine and stir until absorbed.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring and allowing each addition to absorb before adding the next.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pan of boiling water until just tender, refresh under cold water, then slice into lengths.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the asparagus, lemon zest and juice and cheese. Season and remove from the heat.
- Cover for 5 minutes before serving.
- According to the mag, the risotto will freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before re-heating
NotesYes, I know, this is my second asparagus risotto recipe in less than a month. Yet, believe it or not, I’m not THAT fond of asparagus! Anyway, I found this yummy recipe in the June issue of Delicious. magazine (the same magazine I got my Macaroni Pasticcio recipe from) and just had to share it. And lucky you US peeps, I even managed to get the measurements in cups!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More