ASPARAGUS AND LEMON RISOTTO
Asparagus and Lemon Risotto
- Cooking Time: Approx. 30min + standing
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter (I omitted)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350 g / 1 ⅔ cups risotto rice
- 250 ml / 1 cup white wine
- 750 ml / 3 cups vegetable stock, hot
- A bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- Pared zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 75 g / 5 heaped tbsp grated Parmesan
Heat the oil and butter in a pan over low heat. Add the onion and gently fry for 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, add the rice and cook for a few minutes. Add the wine and stir until absorbed.
Gradually add the stock, stirring and allowing each addition to absorb before adding the next.
Blanch the asparagus in a pan of boiling water until just tender, refresh under cold water, then slice into lengths.
When the rice is almost cooked, add the asparagus, lemon zest and juice and cheese. Season and remove from the heat.
Cover for 5 minutes before serving.
According to the mag, the risotto will freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before re-heating