- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 t. grated lemon zest
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions (or chives)
- 3/4 pound (3 1/2 cups) penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, in 1 inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts (pignoli)
- Dressing: In Large serving bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs, dill and green onion until blended.
- Cook pasta as label directs, until al dente or firm to the bite. Drain and toss with dressing.
- Steam asaparagus in vegetable steamer set over simmering water until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes; rinse and drain. Add to pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve at room temperature.
NotesThis is a family favorite in the early summer when you can find wild asparagus in the country road ditches. Eat it warm if you can't wait for it to become room temperature.