- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 t. grated lemon zest
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions (or chives)
- 3/4 pound (3 1/2 cups) penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, in 1 inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts (pignoli)
- Dressing: In Large serving bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs, dill and green onion until blended.
- Cook pasta as label directs, until al dente or firm to the bite. Drain and toss with dressing.
- Steam asaparagus in vegetable steamer set over simmering water until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes; rinse and drain. Add to pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve at room temperature.
NotesThis is a family favorite in the early summer when you can find wild asparagus in the country road ditches. Eat it warm if you can't wait for it to become room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More