- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: ~25
- Preparation Time: 40
- Jalapenos (15-20 depending on the size of the jalapeno)
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- Rub or seasoning
- Shredded cheddar
- One pound of thin sliced bacon
- Package cocktail franks
- Toothpicks (plain wooden)
- 1. Cut the stem end off the jalapeno and either half or boat each jalapeno depending on the size of the pepper. Larger peppers can usually be cut in half and the smaller ones should have only a portion of the top cut off to form a higher edged boat.
- 2. Seed and remove the veins of the peppers. The heat is in the vein, so the more you leave the hotter your ABTs will be.
- 3. Soften one package of cream cheese and mix in
- -Seasonings / rub. I don’t have an exact measure, but a pretty good amount.
- -10-12 diced chives
- -¼ shredded cheddar cheese
- -Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4. Fill peppers with cream cheese mixture – full, but not overflowing. One package of cream cheese will usually make around 25 ABTs for me, though that will depend on how much you add to the cream cheese.
- 5. Place one cocktail frank on top of each pepper filled with cream cheese.
- 6. Wrap peppers with bacon. I can usually do ½ slice of bacon per pepper.
- 7. If you are using your smoker, cook with your meat for about 1 ½ hours. On the grill, they won’t take quite as long because you will probably be using higher heat. Try to keep the heat lower than you would normally grill. You don’t want the cream cheese mixture to ooze out, but you have to get the bacon cooked. You will cook until the bacon is done, but you want your peppers to soften but still be firm (not crunchy)
NotesMy husband loves bar-b-que and found this treat on a smoking forum. The cream cheese mixture changes every time because I use whatever our favorite rub at the time is. The main recipe doesn’t vary though. I usually use more of a sweet and savory rub rather than a spicy one as the jalapenos give enough kick. You can also use habanero peppers if you want to make atomic dinosaur turds. This is definitely an appetizer, not a main dish. You will regret it if you eat too many in one sitting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More