- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium red skinned potatoes, cubed
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package au gratin instant potato mix
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk (2% is suitable)
- crumbled cooked bacon (2 strips per bowl)
- In a large saucepan or pot, combine potatoes, au gratin potato mix, chicken broth and water. Add more water to cover if necessary. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Stir in cream and heat through. While soup is cooking, prepare bacon, drain grease and crumble. Serve with bacon crumbles on top.
NotesThis soup is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner on a chilly winter night when you want something hearty and warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More