AU GRATIN POTATO SOUP
- 4 medium red skinned potatoes, cubed
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package au gratin instant potato mix
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk (2% is suitable)
- crumbled cooked bacon (2 strips per bowl)
In a large saucepan or pot, combine potatoes, au gratin potato mix, chicken broth and water. Add more water to cover if necessary. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Stir in cream and heat through. While soup is cooking, prepare bacon, drain grease and crumble. Serve with bacon crumbles on top.