- Cooking Time: total 20 minutes
- Servings: 2-2 1/2 doz
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
BackstoryThis was one of my aunts favorite recipes, she made them every year for the holidays and always had plenty to serve and package for others to take home.
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. light brown sugar
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C. butter
- 2 C. pecan halves
- 1 t.vanilla extract
- 3/4 C.half and half
- white & chocolate coating chocolate
- Line a cookie sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paperand set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the both the granulated and brownsugars, cinnamon, baking soda and butter.
- Cook over medium high heat to a soft ball (234-238°F.) stage.
- Add the pecans and vanilla during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat, add half-and-half and stir until thickened.
- Drop onto cookie sheet in small patties and cool.
- Melt coating chocolate(s) in seperate pans over low heat stirring constantly, when completely melted, using a fork, drizzle first white chocolate then drizzle the chocolate in a criss cross pattern.
- Storing in an air-tight container.