Aunt Betty's Empire Biscuits
4 ounces plain flour all purpose flour
3 ounces Butter or margarine
1 ounce ground almonds
1 ½ ounces caster sugar
Beaten egg for milk to bind fruit jam, for sandwich filling
icing, to decorate cherries, halves to decorate
1. Prepare a moderate oven 325 F
2. Sieve the flour then rub in the butter as finely as possible.
3. Add the sugar and ground almonds. Mix to firm paste adding a little egg or milk to bind.
4. Roll out to approximately 1/8 inch think and cut into rounds.
5. Cut out centre of half the biscuits with small round cutter, place on a baking tray and bake near middle of oven for approx 15 minutes at 325
6. Once cooled, sandwich 2 biscuits together with strawberry or raspberry jam.. Decorate top with icing and half a cherry.
alternate topping I don’t cut out the tops so just sandwich the two together with jam
Pairs Well With
a sweet treet