- Cooking Time: 1
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI had two Aunt Margaret's, so when I was a toddler, I called my mother's sister Aunt Bong because I couldn't say "Margaret". She loved cinnamon toast. This is her recipe.
- 8 slices bread (your choice)
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 t. Cinnamon
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Spread on slices of bread covering the entire surface of each slice.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn on broil and broil until bubbly. Watch carefully so it won't burn.