- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThis sounds odd, but it is DELICIOUS! And easy.
When we gave a shower for my son and beautiful daughter-in-law, we gathered recipes from members of the Hans, Keating, Kenny, Stein and Studer families. Since the recipes came to me first, I was able to copy them all before passing them along. This is from Aunt Colleen, an old friend from high school and now my sister-in-law.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2T butter
- 1 med. head cauliflower (cut into pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 t basil
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cups mixed cheddar and parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. pasta (shells or bow ties work well)
- Heat 2Tolive oil in large deep skillet.
- Add garlic, bay leaf and basil. Saute about a minute.
- Add cauliflower.
- Saute until cauliflower is tender. Add 1/2 cup water to steam it along.
- When cauliflower is tender, add tomato puree.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with remaining olive oil and butter and half the cheese.
- Spread onto platter and cover with cauliflower sauce.
- Toss with remaining cheese.
- Serve immediately.