- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1-1 ½ lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (15 oz) black or kidney beans
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼-1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add the beef, cumin, chili powder and oregano.
- Cook, stirring often until the meat is browned (about 7 minutes).
- Drain Excess Fat.
- Add the beans and tomatoes with their liquids and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More