- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1-1 ½ lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (15 oz) black or kidney beans
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼-1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add the beef, cumin, chili powder and oregano.
- Cook, stirring often until the meat is browned (about 7 minutes).
- Drain Excess Fat.
- Add the beans and tomatoes with their liquids and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cooking with SabraSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More