- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup rice
- 3 and 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2.Put rice in 2 quart ungreased baking dish.
- 3.Add boiling water.
- 4.Set aside.
- 5.In skillet, brown ground beef and onion.
- 6.Add beef, onion, celery, brown sugar, soy sauce and mushrooms to rice.
- 7.Cover dish.
- 8.Bake for 1 hour, stirring halfway through baking.
NotesAunt Jennie would always bring her rice hot dish to family functions. She would double the recipe to make sure everyone would get a helping. And of course, because this is Minnesota, it's a Hot Dish, not a casserole.
Submitted by: "Rena Waalkens-Masyga"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Italy or BustSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More