- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 3 Tbls. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; cool and crumble.
- Cook and stir onion in drippings until tender.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, celery seeds and pepper, blend in water and vinegar.
- Stir into onion in skillet; heat until bubbly.
- Pour over combined potatoes, bacon and eggs; toss.
- Serve immediately.
NotesTip: instead of water I usually substitue milk -- watch pot, because milk scalds easily
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More