- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 jar (2 oz) diced pimiento
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread mix (prepared via box instructions) *not cooked, just mixed
- Heat margarine in 2-quart saucepan over low heat until melted. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in water, milk and instant bouillon. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken, green pepper, mushrooms (with liquid) and pimiento (with liquid)
- Pour hot chicken mixture into ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches. Pour prepared corn bread batter over top.
- Bake uncovered in 450 degree oven until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish each serving with a carrot curl and parsley if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More