- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. soda
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sugar to roll cookies in.
- Melt shortening. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add sugar, molasses, and the egg. Beat well. Sift together the flour, soda, spices, and salt. Add to the first mixture.
- Mix well and chill.
- Form one inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until browned.
NotesAs you felt the fall chill in the air, you could smell the wonderful aroma of these cookies baking at Aunt Lahoma's.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More