- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C white sugar
- 1-1/2 C melted shortening
- 1 C chopped nuts
- 5 C flour
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 tsp soda
- 1-1/2 cinnamon or other spices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together well sugar and melted shortening.
- Add eggs slowly, beating thoroughly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- After mixture is well blended, shape into rolls (1-1/2” diameter).
- Chill well.
- Cut in 1/8” to 1/4” thick slices.
- Bake on greased sheet at about 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
NotesPhotograph of Lillian Minsky Goldstein (1903–1993), Syd Goldstein’s sister-in-law.
Kosher: Pareve if you use vegetable shortening, dairy if you use butter.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More