- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C white sugar
- 1-1/2 C melted shortening
- 1 C chopped nuts
- 5 C flour
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 tsp soda
- 1-1/2 cinnamon or other spices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together well sugar and melted shortening.
- Add eggs slowly, beating thoroughly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- After mixture is well blended, shape into rolls (1-1/2” diameter).
- Chill well.
- Cut in 1/8” to 1/4” thick slices.
- Bake on greased sheet at about 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
NotesPhotograph of Lillian Minsky Goldstein (1903–1993), Syd Goldstein’s sister-in-law.
Kosher: Pareve if you use vegetable shortening, dairy if you use butter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
GAES PTO Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More