- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 9 x 13 pan
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 8 3/4 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients, including nuts.
- 2. Mix oil, eggs and vanilla together.
- 3. Add carrots and pineapple to wet ingredients.
- 4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes in a lightly greased pan.
NotesThis is my husbands Aunt's recipe. She past away many, many years ago, but everyone in the family has this recipe - and uses it almost exclusively. It is extremely moist and has tons of flavor. Definatley NOT low fat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More