- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 9 x 13 pan
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 8 3/4 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients, including nuts.
- 2. Mix oil, eggs and vanilla together.
- 3. Add carrots and pineapple to wet ingredients.
- 4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes in a lightly greased pan.
NotesThis is my husbands Aunt's recipe. She past away many, many years ago, but everyone in the family has this recipe - and uses it almost exclusively. It is extremely moist and has tons of flavor. Definatley NOT low fat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More