- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4-5 mashed over ripe banana
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In a bowl, mix mashed banana with alternating dry and wet ingredients.
- Preheat 325-350 degrees.
- Line baking pan with butter.
- Pour mixture and bake till toothpick comes out clean. Approximately 35-40 minutes.
NotesMy aunt loves to whip up a quick banana bread when we visit. My 2 year old absolutely loves it! I sometimes replace the banana with 3-4 cups of Apple Sauce when I am out of over-ripened bananas. It makes for a great apple sauce bread.
This is a real basic recipe, no mixers needed, just a whisk will do.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Christmas CookiesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More