- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4-5 mashed over ripe banana
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In a bowl, mix mashed banana with alternating dry and wet ingredients.
- Preheat 325-350 degrees.
- Line baking pan with butter.
- Pour mixture and bake till toothpick comes out clean. Approximately 35-40 minutes.
NotesMy aunt loves to whip up a quick banana bread when we visit. My 2 year old absolutely loves it! I sometimes replace the banana with 3-4 cups of Apple Sauce when I am out of over-ripened bananas. It makes for a great apple sauce bread.
This is a real basic recipe, no mixers needed, just a whisk will do.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
No-Bake Flag Cookies
Aunt Sherry’s Chicken Cacciatore
Strawberry Cheese TartSee More