- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- Melissa's Cornish Hens with Sausage and Wild Rice Stuffing
- 6-8 Cornish Hens
- 1 lb Italian sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ c white wine
- ½ lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 pkg Uncle Ben’s wild rice
- lemon juice
- Saute the sausage, shallots, and garlic in olive oil.
- When cooked, turn up heat and add ¼ cup white wine and ½ lb sliced mushrooms. Cook all together and put aside.
- Cook Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice (1 pkg) as directed. Add to stuffing and stuff hens.
- Rub Hen’s with paprika and lemon juice.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and cover Hens with foil. After 1/2 hour remove foil.
- Cook Hen’s for 1 hour.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by my boyfriend's Aunt. It makes a beautiful presentation when you use cornish hens or if you use one large oven stuffer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Short & SweetSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More