- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 3 - 4 potatoes, scrubbed, and thinly sliced (the thinner the better) with skins on
- 2 - garlic cloves, minced (more or less to your taste)
- 6 -7 tablespoons butter, melted
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste (recommended to go on the heavy side)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix all ingredients except for the cheese.
- Lay the potatoes in a lightly greased cookie sheet. The thinner the layer is, the better. It doesnt need to be a single layer, but you don't want it to be a casserole either. Maybe 1/4" layer approx.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are thoroughly cooked and some of the edges are crispy.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the cheese over the top. The heat from the potatoes will melt the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
NotesWith a name like that, how can you go wrong? Three of my favorite ingredients all in one recipe...cheese, garlic and crispy potatoes! This has become a family favorite, and I'm not just talking about my immediate family but includes mom, dad and all use siblings and our individual families.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More