AUNT NICKI'S CHEESY GARLICY CRISPY POTATOES
Aunt Nicki's Cheesy Garlicy Crispy Potatoes
- Cooking Time: 40
- 3 - 4 potatoes, scrubbed, and thinly sliced (the thinner the better) with skins on
- 2 - garlic cloves, minced (more or less to your taste)
- 6 -7 tablespoons butter, melted
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste (recommended to go on the heavy side)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400
Mix all ingredients except for the cheese.
Lay the potatoes in a lightly greased cookie sheet. The thinner the layer is, the better. It doesnt need to be a single layer, but you don't want it to be a casserole either. Maybe 1/4" layer approx.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are thoroughly cooked and some of the edges are crispy.
Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the cheese over the top. The heat from the potatoes will melt the cheese.
Serve and enjoy!