- Cooking Time: 45-60 mins.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups leftover chicken, cubed
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbls. margarine
- 6 tbls. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 16oz. cans Veg-All, drained or equivalent amount of mixed vegs. frozen
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- I use my 15"x11"x2" lasagna pan for this, need something with a 2" side
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken & vegs. set aside.
- Melt margarine in medium pot, blend in flour & cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add milk, broth & cream of chicken soup, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt & poultry seasoning.
- Add this sauce to the chicken & vegs. stirring to mix well. Pour into your pan.
- Melt butter, remove from heat and add milk & flour stirring until well mixed.
- Using a large spoon place the topping onto the veg. mix. If you pour it on it will sink to the bottom.
- Bake for 45 mins. to 1 hour or until topping is light brown.
NotesI wanted to make a chicken pot pie that was easy, creamy & delicious. Came up with this one that suits that to a T.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More