- Cooking Time: 45-60 mins.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups leftover chicken, cubed
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbls. margarine
- 6 tbls. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 16oz. cans Veg-All, drained or equivalent amount of mixed vegs. frozen
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- I use my 15"x11"x2" lasagna pan for this, need something with a 2" side
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken & vegs. set aside.
- Melt margarine in medium pot, blend in flour & cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add milk, broth & cream of chicken soup, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt & poultry seasoning.
- Add this sauce to the chicken & vegs. stirring to mix well. Pour into your pan.
- Melt butter, remove from heat and add milk & flour stirring until well mixed.
- Using a large spoon place the topping onto the veg. mix. If you pour it on it will sink to the bottom.
- Bake for 45 mins. to 1 hour or until topping is light brown.
NotesI wanted to make a chicken pot pie that was easy, creamy & delicious. Came up with this one that suits that to a T.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More