- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1 c. sugar, i usually use brown sugar instead
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. banana, mashed (approx. 3 medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tbsp vinegar or 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp cinnamon ( this wasn't in her recipe i just like it, and it's optional)
- optional cinnamon sugar topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- If making your own buttermilk put 1/2 tbsp vinegar in 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill the rest of the way with milk, set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in banana, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add half of dry ingredients and mix and then half of milk and mix. do the same with the other half of dry and wet. do not overmix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan or muffin tin.
- This can be made into 4 mini loafs, 1 large loaf, or approx 20 muffins.
- Sprinkle top of loafs or muffins generously with cinnamon sugar topping before baking.
- Bake at 350F/180C. For mini loaves bake for 30-40 minutes, large loaf bake for 50-60 minutes or muffins 25-30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
NotesThis has to be one of my all time favorites! It's my Great Aunt Rosie's banana bread that I've tweeked just a little bit. Growing up this was how we always used up the bananas that didn't get eaten up fast enough.
I've added a cinnamon sugar sprinkle on top before baking and it forms an almost brulee topping that is oh so yummy!! I've been known to pick it off before eating the bread itself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More