- Cooking Time: 35 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 lb of hamburger meat (seasoned, browned and drained)
- 1 pkg of egg noodles (cooked and drained)
- 10 cups of water
- 10 beef bullion cubes or beef base
- 2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of heavy cream (optional)
- Prepare meat and noodles seperately and put to the side. Bring water to a boil and add bullion cubes. When bullion is dissolved, add condensed soup. Let mixture simmer while stirring frequently. Once mixture is fully incorporated, add hamburger and noodles mixing well. Let simmer for 5 min and finally, add 1 cup of heavy cream. (This last step os optional but does give the soup a nice, creamy taste!) Add salt and pepper to taste if desired, serve and enjoy!
NotesThe actual name is Hamburger Goulash soup, just played on the name since it's so close to Halloween! This is a recipe I created one afternoon out of desperation to satisfy my husbands taste for a hamburger noodle soup he had when he was a child but we were unable to locate the recipe. I just used a few key ingredients that I knew were in the original and added a few extra to make it my own. It is now one of his favorite fall meals. I also like it because it's so versitle. You could leave the hamburger out of a nice creamy noodle soup, you can add more mushrooms if that's what you like or a can of corn or some potatoes for a stew effect! Enjoy!!