- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds stew meat
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 8 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 marjoram
- 6 cloves garlio, minced
- 12 tablespoons flour
- 20 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large non-stick frying pan brown the onions until golden brown.
- Fry meat with onions until browned.
- Add water to cover meat,then add all the spices.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender - about 1 hour.
- Remove lid and simmer an additional 30 minutes until half of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a small bowl mix flour with sour cream thoroughly.
- Add to the meat and stir constantly to make a thick gravy.
- Serve with bread dumplings and steamed vegetables.
NotesThis recipe was given to us by our late sister in law Johanna who was born in a village near Graz, Austria.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More