- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds stew meat
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 8 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 marjoram
- 6 cloves garlio, minced
- 12 tablespoons flour
- 20 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large non-stick frying pan brown the onions until golden brown.
- Fry meat with onions until browned.
- Add water to cover meat,then add all the spices.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender - about 1 hour.
- Remove lid and simmer an additional 30 minutes until half of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a small bowl mix flour with sour cream thoroughly.
- Add to the meat and stir constantly to make a thick gravy.
- Serve with bread dumplings and steamed vegetables.
NotesThis recipe was given to us by our late sister in law Johanna who was born in a village near Graz, Austria.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Naked Macaron
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More