- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Six Chile Ancho's (dried peppers)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken Boullion
- White corn tortillas
- Corn Oil (I use the mazola blend)
- Mexican Cheese (Chihuahua Cheese, Asadero, or you can you Mozz or Monterrey Jack if you can't find those)
- Pop of the stem of the Chile Ancho's and split it open to take out all the seeds. Boil chiles w/salt, garlic (fresh 2 cloves) pepper. Put in blender. If it seems really thick add some water. Add Chicken Bouillon to blender.
- Dip tortilla in the chile mixture and fry in a small pan w/corn oil make sure it's hot, for 5-10 sec and turn. (It may take awhile to get the time and temp together so they won't fall apart). Make one at a time. Put on a plate and fill with whatever you would like (cheese as listed above, chicken, etc) then roll. Keep the fold upside down so it stays together. Then make the next and continue until the pan is full. Put all in cake pan and cover with cheese (opt) and bake until cheese is melted.
- To make a cassarole… layer with tortilla than cheese (Chihuahua, Asadero) etc… Bake and then top with queso fresco.
NotesThis is my mom's recipe. Everyone loves it, especially in casserole form.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More