- Cooking Time: 3hrs 30 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25--READY IN 11 Hrs 3
- * 1 pound dry kidney beans
- * 1/4 cup olive oil
- * 1 large onion, chopped
- * 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- * 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- * 2 stalks celery, chopped
- * 6 cups water
- * 2 bay leaves
- * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- * 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- * 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- * 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- * 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- * 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- * 4 cups water
- * 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1. Rinse beans, and then soak in a large pot of water overnight.
- 2. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3. Rinse beans, and transfer to a large pot with 6 cups water. Stir cooked vegetables into beans. Season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- 4. Stir sausage into beans, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, prepare the rice. In a saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve beans over steamed white rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Adventures in CookingSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More