- Cooking Time: 3hrs 30 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25--READY IN 11 Hrs 3
- * 1 pound dry kidney beans
- * 1/4 cup olive oil
- * 1 large onion, chopped
- * 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- * 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- * 2 stalks celery, chopped
- * 6 cups water
- * 2 bay leaves
- * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- * 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- * 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- * 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- * 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- * 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- * 4 cups water
- * 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1. Rinse beans, and then soak in a large pot of water overnight.
- 2. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3. Rinse beans, and transfer to a large pot with 6 cups water. Stir cooked vegetables into beans. Season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- 4. Stir sausage into beans, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, prepare the rice. In a saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve beans over steamed white rice.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More